The Cleveland Area Campus of National College, located at 27557 Chardon Road in Willoughby Hills, will host a Military and Veterans Open House
CLEVELAND–The Cleveland Area Campus of National College, located at 27557 Chardon Road in Willoughby Hills, will host a Military and Veterans Open House on Thursday, April 14. Sessions will take place at noon and 6 p.m. The public is welcome, especially active or reserve military, veterans, and their spouses and dependents.
There is no charge. Information is available by calling the campus at (440) 944-0825.
“Veterans, current military personnel, and their dependents have more educational opportunities than ever before,” says Wesley Smith, regional director of military affairs for National College. “It is the perfect time for veterans to explore the many educational benefits that are available to them.”
The Military and Veterans Open House will bring together experts in veterans’ benefits, financial aid, and educational programs to provide information on eligibility and benefits to active-duty, reserve, or honorably discharged veterans. Information is also available on obtaining college credit for military training and experience through the Servicemembers Opportunity College Consortium.
National College offers an extensive array of unique benefits for military and veteran students:
• Blue Ribbon Grant. National College awards up to $10,000 in tuition assistance to qualified military veterans, active duty, Guard/Reserve and military spouses and dependents. This program is unique to National College.
• Armed Services Recognition Grant. Through this grant — available exclusively at National College — qualified students may receive up to $4,000 in tuition assistance.
• Yellow Ribbon Institution. National will cover any tuition and/or fees not covered by Post-9/11 G. I. Bill benefits, subject to eligibility.
• College Credit for Military Training and Experience. As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) Consortium, National College grants college credit according to guidelines developed by the American Council on Education.
• Employer in Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). National College honors the continuing service of Guard and Reserve service members, and guarantees their re-employment/re-enrollment with no loss of standing upon their return from active duty service.
• National College has been named a “Military Friendly School” for 2011 by G.I. Jobs magazine for the second consecutive year. The annual survey of more than 7,000 post-secondary institutions ranks schools according to a variety of measures that are important to military and veteran students. Only those in the top 15 percent receive the “Military Friendly School” designation.
Founded in 1886, National College is dedicated to the training and education of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of fields in business, computers, and health care. National College’s Cleveland Area Campus has served Ohio’s largest metropolitan area since 2009 and offers a variety of programs in health care, business, and information technology at the diploma and associate degree levels. Serving 29 communities through campus locations in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana, the College currently serves more than 12,000 students annually.