Shaw (14-7) the Cardinals, the ninth-seed in the Perry District, took on Willoughby South, Monday.
By BRYANT KIZER
1. St. Ignatius (15-3) the Wildcats are one of the hottest teams inNortheast Ohioand they are peaking at the right time. The Wildcats beat formerly top-ranked VASJ 70-56 and on Friday edged hostingCleveland Heights58-54. The Wildcats, who won six in a row, hosts #6 Glenville, Thursday.
2. VASJ (17-3) the Vikings lost a cross-town rivalry against now top-seed St. Ignatius. The Vikings 14-gamw winning streak was snapped. Duane Gibson Jr. led with 18 points. The Vikings hosted No. 5 Shaker Heights, Tuesday.
3. St. Edward (16-5) the Eagles were idled last week. The Eagles hosted John Hay, Tuesday.
4.Mentor(17-4) blasted visiting Garfield Heights 73-53. The Cardinals atBrunswick, Saturday in the season finale.
5.Shaker Heights(14-6) the Red Raiders rout visitingMedina74-51. Sophomore Esa Ahmad led with 18 points. Seniors Mel Leach and Jimmie Pope added 16 and 12 points, respectively. The Red Raiders take on hostingGarfield Heights, Friday.
6. Glenville (15-2) lost to visitingBrecksville-BroadviewHeights58-53. The Tarblooders takes on top-seed St. Ignatius, Friday.
7.North Royalton(19-2) the Bears beat visitingNormandy56-45. The Invaders had a 22-13 first quarter lead. Senior Evan Wypasek led with a season-high of 21 points. Omari Spellman added 13 points. The Bears visits Mayfield, Friday.
8.RichmondHeights(18-3) the Spartans were upset by Cleveland Central Catholic 80-75. Jameel More had the game-high of 27 points. The Spartans were outscored 23-13 in the fourth. The Spartans are the #2 seed in D-V Garfield Heights District. They will take on Newbury on Feb. 25.
9. Brecksville (17-3) the champs of the Southwestern Conference edged hostingWestlake66-63 in overtime. Tim Tupa led the Bees with 20 points. The Bees hosts Amherst Steele, Friday.
10.Garfield Heights(15-5) the Bulldogs lost to #4Mentor73-53. The Bulldogs, losers of two out of three, hosts #5Shaker Heights, tomorrow.
11. Beachwood (17-3) the Bison regrouped by beating hosting Hawken 70-41. Senior John Davis led with the game-high of 20 points. The Bison, hostedCuyahogaHeights, yesterday.
12. Cleveland Central Catholic (13-6) the Ironmen won their third straight game after beating #8RichmondHeights80-75. Chellvonte Montgomery tied his season-high with 25 points. The Ironmen host Warren JFK, Friday.
13.Cleveland Heights(13-6) the Tigers, champs of the Lake Erie League, beat hosting Warrensville Tigers 77-64. Marcus Bagley led the Cleveland Heights Tigers with 25 points.Cleveland Heightshosts Warren G. Harding, Friday.
14.Bedford(14-6) the Bearcats won five straight by beating visitingEuclid63-52. Senior Chris Carter led the Bearcats with 16 points.
15.Brunswick(10-10) the Blue Devils beat hostingStrongsville65-50. The Blue Devils hostMentor, Friday.
Girl’s final Top 15
1. Twinsburg (21-0) the Lady Tigers second straight wire-to-wire as top-ranked. The Tigers finished undefeated by beating visiting Shaker Heights 65-24. The Lady Tigers are top-seed in the Division I Akron District atElletHigh School. The Lady Tigers pounded Youngstown East 79-28. The Lady Tigers take on Warren G. Harding, Thursday.
2. Wadsworth(20-2) the Lady Grizzlies beat hosting Revere61-28. The Grizzlies are top-seed in the D-I Medina District. They will take on 11th seedBarberton, today.
3. Hathaway Brown (16-6) the Blazers were blazing in their 66-34 victory overGilmourAcademy. The Blazers are top-seed in the D-II Macedonia District atNordoniaHigh School. The Blazers take on seventh seedWoodridge(11-9), Thursday.
4. Solon (17-5) the Lady Comets are the top-seed in the D-I Bedford District. They will play the winner of #8 seed John Adams/#9Garfield Heights, Saturday.
5. Midpark (16-5) the Meteors beat visitingWestlake60-43. Midpark, the third-seed in the Parma District atValley ForgeHigh School, took onRhodes, yesterday.
6.St. JosephAcademy(20-2) the Jags edged hosting Magnificat 49-43. The Jags won their opening sectional match by beating Lincoln-West 78-36. The top-seed in the D-I Parma District takes on eighth-seedNormandy, today.
7.Hudson(17-5) the Lady Explorers lost to #10Mentor64-52.Hudson, the second-seed in the D-I Akron District, takes on Howland, today.
8. Glenville (16-2) the Tarblooders, eighth-seed in the D-I Perry District and the three-time defending Cleveland Senate champs, takes on third-seed Eastlake North, today.
9. Magnificat (14-7) the Blue Streaks bounced St. Vincent –St.Mary 52-42. The Blue Streaks, the top-seed in the D-I Elyria District atElyriaCatholicHigh School, takes onNorth Olmstead, Saturday.
10. Mentor (14-8) the Cardinals beat visiting #7Hudson64-52. The Cardinals, top-seed in the D-I Perry District, took on Ashtabula Lakeside, Monday.
11.Euclid(17-6) the co-champions of the Lake Erie and second-seed in thePerryDistrict, takes on the winner of Glenville/Eastlake North, Saturday.
12.St. Vincent– St. Mary (17-6) the Irish lost to #9 Magnificat 52-42. The Irish takes on Akron North, today.
13. Beachwood (19-2) the Bison finished with their best season ever after beatingLaurel60-39. The Bison, the third-seed in the D-III Cleveland District atSt. JosephAcademyHigh School, will take on #5 Kirtland, Saturday.
14. Shaw (14-7) the Cardinals, the ninth-seed in thePerryDistrict, took on Willoughby South, Monday.
15.LakeRidgeAcademy(20-3) the top-seed in D-IV Creston District atNorwayneHigh School, will take on the winner of Fuchs Mizrachi/Lake Central Christian, Saturday.