top of page

President Trump goes to work

On a cold dark and wet day in the Nation’s Capitol, billionaire businessman Donald J. Trump took the oath to become the 45th President of the United States of America in front of three of the four living former Presidents on Jan. 20th.

Former Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama welcomed the newest member of the most prestigious club in the world. George Bush Sr. was hospitalized and was not in attendance but watch from his Houston hospital room.

Trump’s Democratic opponent during a brutal divisive presidential campaign, former Secretary of State and First Lady Hillary Clinton, also attended as Trump stayed true to his campaign pledge to end the “carnage” in Washington D.C.

As his wife and new First Lady Melania Trump held the bible, Trump took the confirmation procedure that indeed certifies him as the President of the United States, arguably the most powerful man in the world.

Following the oath, President Trump and the First Lady, completed a historical tradition of graciously escorting former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama from the White House for their final time.

As the inauguration of President Trump unfolded, so did protest against his election by numerous groups in Washington DC and throughout the nation.

President Trump and the First Lady took their first official rides in the presidential limousines to the inauguration parade as tens of thousands flanked Pennsylvania Ave.

He was then joined by United States Senators and House of Representatives at the inaugural state luncheon, attended three elegant balls, and subsequently marked his first full business day in office this week with three major executive orders, each one aimed at fulfilling campaign promises he made last year.

His most significant order immediately withdrew the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a multilateral free-trade agreement between the U.S. and eleven other Pacific Rim countries. The pact, aimed at counterbalancing China’s growing economic clout in east Asia, was among the Obama administration’s signature foreign policy achievements and a cornerstone of the pivot to Asia.

He also signed an executive order to repeal the Affordable Care Act also known as Obama Care.

While Trump has frequently cast a dark picture of America, he will assume the office of the Presidency in much better order than when President Obama took office in 2009 when the nation was on the brink of collapse.

He will also enter the oval office with the lowest approval rating (40 percent) of any modern president, while Obama leaves with a robust approval rating of 60 percent.

The day following President Trump’s inauguration, hundreds of thousands of women held protest in most major cities in America, vowing to continue a movement against policies that the new administration plans to enforce.

Thus, reality had finally set in that President Obama’s eight years were over, as the first African American President in history and that the most controversial and unpredictable president in modern history now has all of the nuclear codes in his hand as the Commander in Chief.

Republican Donald J. Trump is the 45th President of the United States of America and he indeed has the majority in both the Senate and the House to push through any legislation he deems necessary. Now the work begins.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page