Lorain Titans' Naz Bohannon, a 6-foot-6 power forward, is one of Northeast Ohio best big man. The Titans are 56-7 since Bohannon has been on the varsity roster since he was a sophomore. (Photo by Bryant Kizer).
With two-third's of the season gone, now it is time to clinch the conference title and getting ready for the sectional at the end of February.
1. Massillon Jackson (12-1) the Polar Bears beat Canton McKinley 83-65. The Polar Bears will host Hoover on Friday.
2. Archbishop Hoban (13-1) the Knights beat Benedictine 56-51. The Knights swept the season from the Bengals. The Knights have won 13 in a row and they will begin a five-game road trip. They will battle Walsh Jesuit on Friday.
3. Lorain (12-2) the Titans edged Cleveland Heights 69-67. The Titans visit Maple Heights on Friday and Toledo Scott on Saturday.
4. St. Edward (11-4) the Eagles soared with a 75-41 victory over VASJ. The Eagles battles Lutheran East on Friday.
5. Garfield Heights (12-3) the Bulldogs edge Cornerstone Christian 66-60 for their third victory in a row. The Bulldogs visit No. 10 Medina on Saturday.
6. Holy Name (13-2) despite Dwayne Cohill's game-high 25 points, the Green Wave lost to Elyria Catholic 68-55. The Green Wave host Rocky River on Friday.
7. St. Ignatius (10-4) the Wildcats beat Lutheran East 69-58. The Wildcats host Cleveland Heights on Saturday.
8. Brush (12-4) the Arcs lost to Willoughby South 64-55 and their lead in the Western Reserve Conference. The Arcs visit Chardon on Friday.
9. St. Vincent - St. Mary (12-4) the Irish beat Walnut Ridge 61-52 for their sixth victory in a row. The Irish host Sidney on Saturday.
10. Medina (13-3) Luke Schaefer scored a game-high of 29 points as they beat Strongsville 77-65. The Battling Bees will battle Brunswick on Friday and No. 5 Garfield Heights on Saturday.
11. Benedictine (12-3) the Bengals lost to No. 2 Archbishop Hoban 56-51. The Bengals host Padua on Friday.
12. Glenville (15-3) the Tarblooders lost to Lutheran East 78-65. The Tarblooders host the Senate Playoffs against John Hay, today.
13. Maple Heights (12-2) the Mustangs beat Bedford 79053. The Mustangs host No. 3 Lorain on Friday.
14. Elyria (12-3) the Pioneers lost to Brunswick 43-41 snapping their seven-game winning streak and they lost their lead in the Greater Cleveland Conference race. The Pioneers will visit Strongsville on Friday and Elyria Catholic on Saturday.
15. Cleveland Heights (10-4) the Tigers beat Wayne 64-56. The Tigers host Shaw on Friday and No. 7 St. Ignatius on Saturday.
Girls Top Ten
1. Solon (14-2) the Comets beat Medina 65-32. Valencia Myers had 19 points, seven rebounds and four assists to lead the way. The Comets host Brunswick on Saturday.
2. Brush (19-1) the Arcs beat Kenston 37-30. The Western Reserve Conference title winner will visit No. 10 Maple Heights, today.
3. Elyria Catholic (15-2) the Panthers beat Parma 56-34. The Panthers host St. Vincent - St. Mary, today.
4. Gilmour (14-4) the Lancers beat Buchtel 72-48. The Lancers host No. 9 Laurel, today.
5. St. Joseph Academy (14-3) the Jaguars beat Louisville 47-39. The Jags will visit North Royalton on Saturday.
6. Padua (13-3) the Bruins beat NDCL 67-26. The Bruins visit Beaumont, today.
7. Berea-Midpark (15-1) the Titans beat North Ridgeville 71-42 for their 10th game in a row. The Titans host Amherst Steele for the Southwestern Conference title, today.
8.GlenOak (15-1) the Golden Eagles beat Green 67-35. The Golden Eagles host Shaw, today.
9. Eastlake North (14-3) the Rangers lost to Chardon 57-48. The Rangers host Madison, today.
10. Laurel (15-2) the Gators beat VASJ 57-33. The Gators visit No. 4 Gilmour, today.