1. Brush (10-0) John Hughley had a game-high 27 points as the Arcs stays perfect with a 73-57 victory over Kenston.
2. Mentor (10-0) Chad Rogers had 26 points and Luke Chicone had 21 as the Cardinals soared to a 89-64 triumph over Medina.
3. St. Vincent – St. Mary (9-2) beat Youngstown Ursuline 69-30. The Irish visits Beavercreek on Saturday.
4. Lorain (10-1) the Titans, led by Devon Grant’s game-high 28 points, held on to beat hosting Cleveland Heights 75-71. Lorain hosts Clearview on Saturday.
5. St. Edward (9-3) the Eagles beat St. Ignatius 87-64. The Eagles vs. Kennedy Catholic on Friday.
6. East Tech (11-0) the Golden Scarabs beat Lincoln-West 117-42. The Golden Scarabs visit Whitney Young on Friday.
7. VASJ (9-2) the Vikings beat visiting Benedictine 95-83 in overtime. Jaden Hameed had the team-high 27 points. Graham Koppelman chipped in with 18 points.
8. Twinsburg (10-1) Ken McElrath’s game-high 19 points helped the Tigers to a nail-biting 52-49 victory over Nordonia. The Tigers battle Cuyahoga Falls on Friday.
9. Lakewood (8-2) the Rangers toppled Westlake 77-54 and leads the Southwestern Conference with at 7-0. The Rangers host North Ridgeville on Friday.
10. Willoughby South (9-2) the Rebels beat rival Eastlake North 52-31. The Rebels (6-0 Western Reserve Conference) hosts top-ranked Brush on Friday.
Girl’s Top Ten
1. Medina (15-0) the Bees beat Shaker Heights 75-18. Medina visits Mentor today.
2. Canton McKinley (11-1) the Bulldogs lost in overtime to GlenOak 71-70. The Bulldogs visit Perry Panthers, today.
3. Aurora (12-1) Shyanne Sellers had the team-high 14 points to lead the Greenmen to a 44-35 victory. Aurora hosts Twinsburg, today.
4. Wadsworth (13-2) the Grizzlies beat Nordonia 58-33. The Grizzlies at the Classic in the Country this weekend.
5. Archbishop Hoban (12-0) the Knights edged Walsh Jesuit 36-35. The Knights at North Royalton on Thursday.
6. Eastlake North (12-0) Destiny Leo career-high 41 points helped the Rangers to a 73-44 victory over Willoughby South. The Rangers at Riverside, today.
7. Solon (10-3) the Lady Comets beat Strongsville 63-40. The Comets host Brunswick, today.
8. GlenOak (12-2) the Golden Eagles beat then-No. 1 Canton McKinley 71-70 in overtime. The Golden Eagles, who have won 10 in a row, will host Hoover today.
9. Stow-Munroe Falls (8-2) the Bulldogs beat North Royalton 78-25. Stow visit Magnificat on Saturday.
10. Olmsted Falls (10-1) the Bulldogs toppled Midview 59-40. The Bulldogs are a perfect 10-0 in the Southwestern Conference. The Bulldogs at Avon Lake, today.
Games of the week (Friday)
Rhodes (4-2 Senate League, 7-4) at Glenville (5-1, 8-7) – 6 p.m.
The road to the Senate League title may run through Glenville or East Tech. However, Rhodes Rams like to put their massive power in that. The Rams under head coach Shawn Spencer are led by Marlon Landingham (25.5 points a game). The 6-2 junior guard had a 51-point outing against Lincoln-West and had back-to-back 32-point games against John F. Kennedy and East Tech. For the Tarblooders coached by Michael Holt, who won the Senate Title last year, have an incredible sophomore Bryon Ottrix Jr. Ottrix Jr., has averaged 26 points per game in his last five games.
Euclid (12-4) at Cornerstone Christian (10-1) – 7:30 p.m.
This non-conference match-up is an outstanding mid-January battle. The Euclid Panthers are led by double-double machine Constance Chaplin (28.1 points and 10.7 rebounds per game). Chaplin had a 41-points, 20 rebounds and 10 steals against Mentor. But they will have to go on the road a face a great Cornerstone Christian team. The Patriots are led by Madison and Michaela Cloonan.
Photo - Shawn Spencer, head coach of the Rhodes Rams, hopes to direct a victory over Glenville this Friday. (Photo by Bryant Kizer).