E.F. BOYD & SON FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATORY
PREPARES FOR THE FUTURE
Cleveland –In 1905 Elmer F. Boyd open his doors at 2604 Central Avenue with his partner Lewis Dean. He later moved to E. 43rd and Central Avenue.
In 1938, Elmer F. Boyd, with the support and commitment of his wife, Cora Stewart Boyd and son William F. Boyd, he purchased the Slaughter Brothers FH at 2165 E. 89th Street. It was then that the family business name was changed to E.F. Boyd & Son Funeral Home.
Since that time, the family has opened 2 additional funeral homes located in East Cleveland in 1972 and Warrensville Heights in 1996 to expand the family business and enhance its presence in the community.
Now in its 4th generation and more than 110 years later, E.F. Boyd & Son Funeral Home and Crematory is being operated by the late William F. & Mary W. Boyd’s children; William F. Boyd, II “Pepper”, Marina Boyd Grant and Marcella Boyd Cox and grandchildren; Lisa Boyd Taylor and Victoria Boyd (Tori).
As one of the oldest funeral homes in the Nation and the oldest African American owned business in Cuyahoga County, E.F. Boyd & Son Funeral Home and Crematory has decided that it is time to adjust their business model to accommodate changes in the industry.
As a result, effective June 1, 2016, E.F. Boyd & Son will close the doors to their East Cleveland facility located at 15357 Euclid Avenue to prepare for the future. “We feel extremely Blessed to have been given the opportunity to serve the East Cleveland Community for the past 44 years” stated CEO, “Pepper” Boyd. “We hope our East Cleveland customers will continue to allow us to serve them at either of our remaining chapels located at 25900 Emery Road in Warrensville Heights and our headquarters at 2165 East 89th Street, William F. Boyd, Sr. Way.” “From June 1 – September 1, we will offer East Cleveland residents a limousine to assist in transporting family members to one of our other locations for arrangements.”